Today happens to be one of those days when I feel nothing but being lazy 😄 I decided to move away from the couch and went into the kitchen to make something quick. As I opened the drawer the first thing that my eyes landed on were some cans of beans and sardines… so I decided to go along and take out the sardine. I kept staring at it for a few seconds thinking to myself, what am I going to do with this? Two ideas came to my mind 😄😄 one was to just heat it up on a pan and eat straight away or two to just make something extra with it… I decided to go extra cos ya know girlllll gats to be EXTRA 😂 sometimes anyways back to my story, I immediately went to the fridge and took out some vegetables, got them rinsed, diced and sliced. I decide to make a sardine sauce and while I was making it I was also thinking of what to eat it with…
2 cans of sardines
6 medium sized tomatoes
2 green peppers
3 large carrots
2 clove of garlic
A pinch of ginger powder & cloves
1/2 tsp of salt
Add maggi seasoning to taste
1. Start by adding 2 tablespoon of oil to a pot or pan, let it heat up a little bit on low heat before adding onions, crushed garlic, ginger and cloves to it.
2. After about a minute, add your rinsed tomatoes to it. Do cut them according to how you want them. I usually cut mine in halves.
3. Sautée the tomatoes for about a minute and then add your carrots and let it simmer for 6 minute on a medium heat. By doing so the tomatoes would release their juices which is what we want right? 😄
4. add 1/3 a cup of vegetable broth to it and let it simmer for 6 more minutes.
5. Add in your sardines to the sauce and let it cook for 3 mins and then put off the gas. Finally you add your green peppers and onions to it.
Note: if you want your carrots to be more softer, let it cook a little bit longer. And for the onions and green peppers too. The shape and size of vegetables should be according to how you want them. You can also put in more vegetables if you want. It can be served with rice, pasta or couscous.
Do give it a try and let me know if you like the recipe and also guys guess what? 😄 I ended up eating it with some bread.. it was tasty and amazing 😉 you should really give it a try. If you have any suggestions please do feel free to share with me. ❤️ that’s it for today and thank you for stopping by. Until next time after all tomorrow is a new date.